Barn Quilt Locations

FAESSLER


Quilt Pattern: Star Shadow

Pat and Arlinda Faessler
N1247 County Road G
Juda, WI 53550

History
This barn was built in 1868. The original function was a dairy barn, and continued as a dairy barn until 2001. It now is used for hay storage. The building was constructed with hand hewn beams, sided with 12 inch boards. The original dimension of the barn was 34' x 64. Currently it is 34' x 80'. Originally the barn had cross alleys, and housed 40 milk cows and horses in the lower level. The upper level was a hay and grain mow. The Faessler family purchased this property at a Green County Sheriff's sale in 1941 by August Faessler. Today two of August and Ida's children and their family, own this farm.

Comments
The barn is located in the Town of Spring Grove, John A Brandt received title from the United States Government on November 6, 1845. The family chose the Star Shadow pattern because it was popular in the era (1860-1890) that the barn was built.

GPS Coordinates
Latitude: 42.5037435
Longitude: -89.422874

Sponsored By
Pat and Arlinda Faessler

Painted By
Fassler Family


Green County Tourism    |    Green County UW-Extension    |    Green County Home and Community Educators    |    Courthaus Quilters